bN6HvpcowZbCzfm-1qhqQMHRR1o Welcome to Toscantainment: 7 PREMIERE LEAGUE FOOTBALLERS WHO ARE GAY...AMAL FASHANU

Tuesday, March 8, 2016

7 PREMIERE LEAGUE FOOTBALLERS WHO ARE GAY...AMAL FASHANU


During an interview with BBC Radio 5 Live, Amal, whose uncle Jamal Fashanu killed himself in 1998, 8 years after admitting he was gay, said footballers don't come out publicly to reveal their sexual orientation because they are trapped in a 'dark world'. Amal said of gay Premier League footballers:

'I actually know myself of seven. I will never, ever share their details. 'I’m not going to out them because I would never do that. You want to be honest, even to help them out, but you just can’t do that. The football world is extremely dark. I don’t even want to imagine being a footballer, what it must be like.'


In her revealing interview, Amal also admitted the toil that having a footballer father can have on a family.

"At times I find myself with a really big wall because you have to protect yourself," she said. "At the time my dad was playing for Aston Villa and on Gladiators, one of the biggest shows on a Saturday night. He used to come and present prizes at sports day. And I used to try and win them all just so that I could see him for a little while. I don’t think people realise how much families of footballers actually suffer. My mum would try to protect me. So I wouldn’t find out things. But nowadays, with the internet, all you need to do is type in your own name and you can see it. It’s horrible."


No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...