bN6HvpcowZbCzfm-1qhqQMHRR1o Welcome to Toscantainment: Exclusive Interview: Lejaroy Of Mp3Recharge.com meets M-Lake

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Exclusive Interview: Lejaroy Of Mp3Recharge.com meets M-Lake



Lejaroy: This is Lejaroy for mp3recharge and we are pleased to meet you Mr M-Lake
M-Lake: Nice to meet u too boss
Lejaroy: How has the day been with you?
M-Lake: The Day been cool,I thank God but been stressful as usual cos my job no Holiday. I love it tho
Lejaroy: That’s good to know the spirit of a real business man…
So Mr M-Lake Let’s Meet You Officially.. Who is M-Lake?
M-Lake: Okay, My real names are Mutiu Olamilekan Sulaimon,From Ogun State…A Lagos Based Singer,Music Producer,and a Video director…and A cool headed person with a Dual Persona
Lejaroy: That’s cool I can see that already the cool headed personal
M-Lake: LOL
Lejaroy: Can you let us know what you mean by dual personal?
M-Lake: A “Dual Persona” asin in like a 2 in one body…basically in d creative world I entertain in bothwayz:1 Visuals:Expressing myself through making Videos and different aspects of Visuals like Graphics art,Music Videos,MotionGraphics for Tv…etc and 2: Audio: Producing music ,Singing etc…so dat’s why people call me Mr bothwayz and my production Brand name is “Bothwayzproduktionz” That’s it basically, And Also “Dual Persona” : I could be a good boy (cool headed) and Bad too (Crazy dude)
Lejaroy: This is something your fans don’t know basically so I believe they have learnt a new thing about their ICON
M-Lake: Hahahahaha ICON indeed
Lejaroy: Lol u are real fun to be with…
Can u tell us about your background and growing Up?
M-Lake: Yah, I was born in Lagos,Nigeria…was born into the family of 4 got 3 younger sisters,Grew up in Abesan estate ipaja,a very cool environment,it’s like d best place I could ever think of to grow up…Did all my primary and secondary school in d same estate. Growing up for me was like having what I needed but not all. I found myself loving electronics and wanting to know what make dem work and in d process I damaged a lot of my dad’s electronics and I got whooped a lot LOL,but dat wouldn’t  prevent me from doing dat again till one day dat I stumbled upon my dad’s non-working cassette player…and by chance I repaired it and fell in love with it cos it produces SOUND. I think dat was when I really discovered how much sound means to me…
Lejaroy: LoL daddy whooping your ass was kinda kool LOL just joking..
M-Lake: Hahahahaha Dad Whooping my ass den was like d world going to and end ooo =))
Lejaroy: What’s your Religion, are you a Christian or a Muslim?
M-Lake: I am a Muslim…Musulimi ododo as yoruba peeps would say
Lejaroy: Tell Us How did you get your Stage name M-Lake and Why the name M-Lake?..
M-Lake: M-lake was from my names, “M” from “Mutiu” and Lake from “Lekan” and den when I wanted to decide my name,I was a huge fan of Justin Timber Lake so I wanted something dat would sound like dat,hehehehe.
Lejaroy: Hahaha that’s good to know that I sEe where the lake comes in
M-Lake: Lol Yes Oooo
Lejaroy: Cool name for the cool headed Lekan
Mr M-Lake please Can You Tell us about your educational background?
M-Lake: Lol..Nursery,Primary,Secondary and an Undergraduate of Lasu (school of part time studies)
Lejaroy: Wow that’s a good one, Not all artiste wanna be in school you know.. Cos fame has taken all over them..
M-Lake: Lol, the truth about me is I wanna be educated but I don’t wanna go to school tooo :’( #thats supposed to be a joke =D
Lejaroy: Hahaha u almost made me fall off my chair
M-Lake: =)) pls boss,no fall oo
Lejaroy: LOL You are A student of LASU… Mind sharing with Us the Course you Study and how you are being treated when you step into the LECTURE HALL?
M-Lake: Hahahahahaha,what a question…well I’m studying comp science and one course I will tell u is “CSC”,and I’m not a lecturer =)) ,I’m not gonna be talking about courses and books and Secondly…How I’m being treated when I step into d lecture Hall??? I’m I Chris Brown abi Rick Ross?  Heheheheh…Well I go to Class,do what I gotta do,relate  with my friends and go back to work fast.
Lejaroy: hahahaha LOL You Are Funny Mr M-Lake..
M-Lake: Lol…I’m forming Funny =D, I’m a shy person
Lejaroy: Hmmm that’s what I will call funny forming lol..
Pls tell us How long have you been in music, What’s your Genre of Music and how do you Define yourself Musically?
M-Lake: I recorded my first song in 2004 if I can remember…then I was in a group with a childhood friend of mine Oludare John Adebiyi (Dre’Sing),
I do R and B with an Afrocentric feel,obviously I’m an african and I can’t form yankee so I’d better sing like an African boy
I can define myself musically as being “Mr Versatile”
Tell me what u want me to do,I will,if I can’t teach me and I will deliver it to u…I love being flexible When it comes to music..
Lejaroy: Hmm u seems to have more than a multiple talent
M-Lake: Alhamdulilah!!!
Lejaroy: Are you Single or Married?
M-Lake: Ah! I wish Marriage is like a Pair of shoes I can go to d market and buy =))…I’m not Close to ready for Marriage.
Lejaroy: If I may ask, why Not close to getting married?
M-Lake: My simple answer would be “Everything has it’s own time”
Lejaroy: Ok Mr M-Lake we await the time,
Lejaroy: do u have any girl in ur life ?
M-Lake: Hahahahahaha, funny question…u just asked if I have “Any” girl in my life…of course yes all my siblings are girls and I love dem so much,dey have been in my life like forever…
Lejaroy: Hahahaha What’s your kind of woman?
M-Lake: Hahahahaha…Every woman is beautiful…
Lejaroy: Ladies you heard it yourself That every woman is Beautiful
M-Lake: Na so…but I know u have a preference Answer d question,let people hear?
Lejaroy: Hahaha are you now giving me your own interview? Hmm please wait till when you interview me only then I will tell you..
M-Lake: Hahahaha,don’t worry very soon d bothwayz crew will come with cameras for ur interview…I will ask d questions,be ready…
Lejaroy: hahaha I will be more than ready…
M-Lake: Good…
Lejaroy: Mr M-Lake What’s it u like, in terms of food and colour?
M-Lake: I like Tasty foods especially Dodo (plantain)…my favourite food would be anyfood dat can accomodate dodo, if any plate of Rice can assure me dat it would have dodo in it for a month den I’m ready to eat d rice for a year. And if Eba can make dat promise to me too den dat would be a combination of life.
I like white but its not a color,it neutral and I like Blue
Lejaroy: Tell us What inspires you in Music and Have you dropped any Album over the years?
M-Lake: God inspires me through Varieties of things like : Music itself from artistes I admire, sometime from “Words” uttered from peeps too…I’ve not dropped any Album and I will not drop any Until I get Massive demands For it…
Lejaroy: Ok you just killed it…
Do you have any Icon whom you Idolize and Who will you love to work with as an artiste Locally and Internationally?
M-Lake: Hmmmmm,I Idolize non but yes I admire some Artistes both Naija and the world…like Usher Raymond, Chris Brown , 2 face ,Paul Play… The Game ,Luda Cris and Flo Rida… I like dem too
My dream collabo in Naija is With 2face and Paul Play…den Internationally: Chris brown and  Usher Raymond
Lejaroy: That’s good to hear.. I tort u will go after Psquare, Davido or Wizkid like most artiste would
M-Lake: Hahahaha yh I Love dis Artistes u mentioned too… but I have a dream and it’s not about the Rave of d Moment…My Dreams are Legendary
Lejaroy: That I will say defines real hustle
With the Situation of Nigeria now how do you intend to break the Mainstream with No album Out and where do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
M-Lake: Hmmm,God is great and I look up to him for help…and I don’t believe u have to Drop an Album before u get Recognized,Right now I’m focused on widening my fan-base cos dey are the peeps dat would buy the Album…In d next 5 Years I see myself in Greater Height In Sha Allah.
Lejaroy: Amen or how do they say it in your religion
What are your special hobbies apart from music? Why choose music as a career, Any future projects we should anticipate? Album, Tours, Anything?
M-Lake: Ameen Noni…lol, Yh my hobbies I would say is to watch tv or Surf the internet or watch Youtube videos ,and the truth is dat I didn’t plan to choose music as a career,I just found myself doing it…
I have a Lot of future projects,when I think About dem I get scared…Anticipate Great things from Me and my Creative Family ,Mosconcept ,Toby Octave etc… Ranging from Music Videos to Short Films to Shows etc..let’s just keep our fingers crossed.
Lejaroy: I see you are into Photography and Video production tell us about it, How many videos have you shot And which artiste have you done creative act for?
M-Lake: hmm,I’m not into Photography but peeps think so,it’s my Close Cousin dat’s d Photographer (Made Photography)…Yh I do Video Production and it started a long time ago…I started with Video Editing and d first video I edited was my First music Video Ever =)) ,it was …but I loved it…it was good for dat time Year 2006 or so…
So my Video directing Career is d youngest…I’ve done plenty videos and my greatest partner is Toby Octave and did Crazy stuffs for him…u can check out Toby octave ft M-lake – One Chance on youtube or Toby Octave – Mario speed or Tesleem – Emi naa ni or M-lake – shokomilo…and I’m looking forward to making a Visual work for a Big name in d industry and I know it’s gonna be Unique as always and i fear dat would divert a lot of Attention on me cos I know what I’m capable of.
And don’t forget to check the Trailer to the our forthcoming short movie…The Limit
Lejaroy: Any other artiste video other than your?
M-Lake: I’ve done some visual works dat has been on tv like TVC ,STV,done grafix for Numerous Artistes: jaywon,T code , Tesleem etc Rendered Video Editing services sometime ago to Patric Elis…
Lejaroy: Any word of advice to the Upcoming artiste and shout out to your fans
M-Lake: Lol,dis bros sha…
Lejaroy: Me sef need Advice na =)) …Okay let me advice myself as an Upcoming Artiste….okay and my Advice goes: Stay True to ur dreams no matter how Hard it is and don’t do the Wrong thing while Trying to Rise cos it may haunt u get when u up dere…
Lejaroy: Mr M-Lake nice chatting with you and thanks for the time
M-Lake: It’s my pleasure boss and It’s fun chatting with u too
Watch a clip from the Trailer
Twitter Handle: @M_Lakebothwayz and @MP3Recharge @iam_Lejaroy
Powered By MP3RECHARGE

No comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...